Tempor Id Eu Nisl Nunc Mi Ipsum Faucibus Vitae Sollicitudin Congue Quisque Egestas Diam In Arcu Quis Viverra
Facilitating Successful Deliveries Across Borders
By staying on top of and implementing changes related to all laws and regulations governing the taxation, import and export of goods, DDC’s Customs Brokerage Processing experts maintain best-in-class service for our customers while keeping up with fluctuating shipment volumes.
Declaration Data Capture
We perform the same duties as international auditors at primary gateways: importing the documents from the origin, auditing and key entering the data into declaration software in order for the shipment to be properly processed and begin on the international route to its consignee.
- Purchase Orders
- Letters of Credit
- Technical Write-ups
- Packing Slips
- Commercial Invoices
- Airway Bills / Bills of Lading
- House Bills
- Import Licenses
- Insurance Certificates
Beyond data capture, DDC’s agents also:
- Manage daily tracing reports
- Data match for accuracy against the packing list
- Confirm compliance with the necessary customs regulations
- Enter and update shipment data into the client database
- Perform quality assurance and rectify errors as needed
We alleviate the stress of dealing with customs officials by accurately identifying tariff classification and tax declarations for all shipments. We perform advanced data auditing to ensure that important fields are all correct.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Importer of Record
- Commercial Invoice
- Cargo Control Number
- HVS: High Value Shipment
- LVS: Low Value Shipment
- HS or Classification Number
- Applicable Country (Federal and Provincial) Taxes
- Tariff Treatment
- NAFTA: North American Free Trade Agreement
Additionally, our team can help you apply for Binding Tariff Information (BTI) decisions from HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
Invoice Returns Matching
Matching the customer to the corresponding shipper is one of the most important steps while processing shipments.
The effects of incorrect matching are severe. For example: In the final import declaration, if the VAT and duty are assigned to the wrong customer, this may be considered a criminal offense in some countries.
DDC’s agents have a firm understanding of assigning shipments to the correct importer in the system, corresponding to the data on the invoice provided.
- First, agents check if the data on the invoice matches the data in the system.
- If the matching is correct and invoices are identical, they move on to the next stage.
- If the information is incorrect, DDC corrects it quickly and effectively on your behalf.
- This matching of import and export invoices/shipments enables traders to claim return goods relief on returned sales.
DDC’s multilingual customs agents will communicate with your customers and other stakeholders in the customs clearance process on behalf of your brand. We’ll contact customers via phone, e-mail, text and/or chat in a wide array of languages.
Here are some examples of situations that warrant customer outreach:
- Requesting authorization (some countries require authorization on matters such as power of attorney from the customer if the products in transit exceed a certain amount)
- When shipments are sent with special instructions
- If the items shipped must go through an inspection process (e.g. medical equipment, items with chemical elements, weapons, etc.)
- When the invoice was not sent or is missing from the batch of shipment documents, DDC will request for the shipper to send the copy of the invoice
- If there’s information missing on the invoice (such as an address or a tax ID number)
- To inform the customer that items are being returned to the sender for any reason
- If items are at your storage facility for a prolonged period where specific actions are required (In most instances, customers are directed to the client’s website where they will need to fill out the proper forms related to the issue in order to import/export the items in question)
Declaration Submission & Management
For total end-to-end management of the customs declaration process, our team will:
- Create, submit and amend customs declarations
- Monitor progress throughout the declaration process
- Manage any exceptions generated
- Contact customs authorities when necessary
Take full advantage of DDC’s customs expertise. Our knowledgeable and experienced team will make sure you utilize the right customs options for your business by providing:
- Up-to-date information about procedure changes as regulations evolve
- Customized reporting and performance insights
- Strategic plans to help you reduce costs and improve efficiency